Visas in Singapore – Which one to choose?

The different visas in Singapore

Visitors to Singapore

For tourism purposes, Australian passport holders do not require to apply for a visa for entry into for a stay up to 90 days. However, they must fulfil the following entry requirements:

A passport with at least 6 months’ validity at the intended date of arrival in Singapore

Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Singapore

Confirmed onward/return tickets

Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card

Each entry is assessed individually by the respective immigration officer at the point of entry.

You can apply for an extension before your current stay expires, in person at the ICA building in Singapore.

Work and business visas

No visa required for a stay of up to 90 days for business purposes.

If you are travelling to Singapore for work or employment, you will need to contact the Ministry of Manpower office in Singapore for advice on which visa to apply. If the Ministry of Manpower informs you that you do not need a work pass and do not need to make notification of your activity, you will need to check with Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority to make sure you can enter Singapore on a tourist entry. 


Type of Visa Clients
Employment Pass For foreign professionals, managers and executives. earning at least $3,600 a month and have acceptable qualifications.
EntrePass For eligible foreign entrepreneurs wanting to start and operate a new business in Singapore.
Personalised Employment Pass For high-earning existing Employment Pass holders or overseas foreign professionals. The PEP offers greater flexibility.


Skilled and Semi-skilled workers

S Pass For mid-level skilled staff. earning at least $2,200 a month and meet the assessment criteria.
Work Permit for foreign worker For semi-skilled foreign workers in the construction, manufacturing, marine, process or services sector.
Work Permit for foreign domestic worker For foreign domestic workers
Work Permit for confinement nanny For Malaysian confinement nannies to work in Singapore for up to 16 weeks starting from the birth of the employer’s child.
Work Permit for performing artiste For foreign performers working in public entertainment outlets such as bars, hotels and nightclubs.

Trainees and students

Training Employment Pass For foreign professionals undergoing practical training. Earning at least $3,000 a month.
Work Holiday Programme For students and graduates aged 18 to 25 who want to work and holiday in Singapore for up to 6 months.
Training Work Permit For semi-skilled foreign trainees or students undergoing practical training in Singapore for up to 6 months.

Family members

Dependant’s Pass For spouses and children of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.
Long Term Visit Pass For parents, common-law spouses, step-children or handicapped children of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.
Letter of Consent For eligible LTVP/LTVP+ holders and Dependant’s Pass holders who want to work in Singapore.

Exemptions and working while on a visit pass

Miscellaneous Work Pass For foreigners taking on a short-term work assignment of up to 60 days in Singapore.
Work Pass Exempt Activities For performing eligible short-term activities without a work pass. Candidates must still notify MOM of their activities.
Work pass exemption for foreign students For foreign students studying full-time at an approved school in Singapore.
Work passes for holders of Long Term Visit Passes issued by ICA For foreigners married to a Singaporean or permanent resident, or parents accompanying a child who is studying in Singapore.

Leave a Reply